Gary has been involved with all aspects of engineering design, construction, maintenance, and inspection program development as an owner operator, contractor, implementor, and consultant in his 20+ years in the petrochemical and refining industry. His expertise spans MI/ inspection, and all areas of fixed equipment reliability.
Experiences as an owner operator include data collection, migration, verification, and analysis to better manage and predict inspection intervals and equipment end of life. Gary creates custom queries to standardize and streamline the reporting process, while developing dashboards within GE APM (Meridium) and SAP to facilitate navigation through inspection data. Mr. LeNormand has championed innovative transitions and integrations between API RBI software versions and existing systems. He has established and implemented piping RBI programs. He has utilized Meridium APM in custom ways, e.g. formulating specific inspection tasks and monitoring data sheets for unique equipment needs.
As a mechanical integrity lead, he reviewed, updated and developed procedures, to bring site practices and behavior up to industry standards.
Years of Experience: 21
Education and Licenses:
- San Jacinto College, Pasadena, TX - Certification in UT, MT, PT, VT
- API 510 & 570 certifications
- Various professional development courses: Mechanical integrity program implementation, reliability improvements and sustainability, damaged mechanisms identification and mitigation, process overview and gap assessments.
Areas of Specialization
- Implementation/Evergreening of RBI and Inspection Programs
- Grading of inspections performed for inspection effectiveness classification per API RP 581 and company standards
- Data migration validation & conditioning as part of IDMS/RBI/APM platform changes
- Development of specific inspection tasks for fixed equipment.
- MI Program related procedural Development (SOP) and Best Practice implementation
- Training & knowledge transfer of personnel on newly established work flow SOPs and Best Practices
- Evaluation of NDE Data to determine Corrosion Rates/remaining life
- Development and/or Execution of RBI/MI onstream and off stream Inspection Task
- Personnel training