W. LeRoy McGallian
Mr. McGallian is an Inspection/RBI Specialist involved in engineering consulting services for corrosion, Risk-Based Inspection, and inspection planning for refining and petrochemical facilities. Leroy has been involved in RBI consulting work in the refining industry since 2005. Responsibilities include project management, evaluation of NDE techniques for finding expected damage, and shutdown work scope reviews using RBI techniques. Other areas of expertise include mechanical integrity audits and inspection benchmarking. He provides technical support and consulting for all levels of technical specialists and management in refineries.
Before joining Trinity Bridge in 2012, Leroy worked for Shell Oil Products, US for 34 years. His work there included experience as an operator, supervisor, turnaround specialist, and project manager. Leroy interfaced with the Inspection, Maintenance and Engineering areas as well as with various suppliers outside of Shell. He has a proven record of excellence in working as part of a cross-functional team as well as in independent situations.
While at Shell, Leroy was instrumental in the implementation of the RBI criteria for all unit equipment, working closely with the Engineering and Inspection groups. He was Project Manager for project work associated with construction and tie-ins shared with Calpine Deer Park Energy Center. He identified, justified and implemented six new projects to facilitate operation of the DPEC-Shell interfaces. Leroy also established unit initiatives to meet VPP Safety Standards and ISO 14000 certifications.
Years of Experience: 45
- Hardin Simmons University, Abilene, Texas
Areas of Specialization:
- Existing Equipment Appraisal using Risk Based Inspection
- Project Management for RBI and inspection programs
- Field support for shut-downs and installations
- Organization of hard and electronic equipment files
- Identification, prevention, and troubleshooting of equipment failures
- Turnaround planning management
- Project development and implementation
- Development of flow diagrams, technical descriptions, training manuals
- Prioritization of operations and maintenance work
- Execution of unit maintenance and turnaround activities
- Develops process fluids and inventory group drawings.
- Identifies process fluids and inventory groups.
- Identifies corrosion loops and associated piping circuits.
- Develops inspection plans.